St Paul's Lodge No 2277.


St. Paul 's Lodge No. 2277 is the oldest Lodge in Cyprus. It was consecrated on the 21st November 1888 having been founded by British military personnel stationed in Cyprus. At that first meeting two Greek Cypriots were
successfully proposed for joining and by 1889 they became the Secretary and the Director of Ceremonies.

The Lodge took its name from St. Paul , the Apostle of Nations. It's emblem depicts two pillars and a whip, which according to ancient history St. Paul was tied to and lashed 39 (or 13 x 3) times. The emblem also contains an
inscription in Greek meaning "you preside over (or supervise) good works''. In keeping with the spirit its name
St. Paul 's is a truly multinational Lodge with a flourishing membership and is the mother Lodge of the
present District Grand Master.

The St. Paul 's Chapter was consecrated on 15th April 1892.

In 1893 the Lodge sponsored Zenon Lodge No. 18, Greek Constitution, and since then has shared the same
premises and furniture at Jerusalem street in Limassol. For the period 1960-1961 the same brother
presided as Master of  both Lodges.

Apart from being the proud sponsor of most English Constitution Lodges in Cyprus , most  recently Zenon 18
Lodge No. 9818, the Lodge is also responsible for the establishment of the Royal Arch Chapter and
Mark Master Masons on the Island.







Lodge Administration 2016-17

For more information contact the Secretary,   email : HERE
                 

W.Bro.
A. Nuwayhed
WM 2016-2017

Meeting Dates

3rd
Wednesdays of
October to April
Installation is in
December.
Meet at 
Jerusalem St, Limassol